- About the LSA
- Contact Us
The Diploma Course 2017-18
In addition to our Beginners' (Foundation) course we also offer second and third years of study where we deepen interpretation and forecasting skills and learn about the different ways in which astrology can be applied (relationships, international affairs, health etc).
Topics covered in our diploma course include:
- Forecasting: philosophy, fate and free will issues; when is it possible to predict and when isn't it?
- Planetary cycles: generic and personal transits.
- Solar Returns.
- The use, calculation and interpretation of secondary progressions and solar arc directions.
- The progressed lunation cycle.
- The Moon's Nodes and Chiron.
- The Lunar Gestation Cycle (pioneered by Dietrech Pessin)
- Astro-geography techniques including relocation and local space.
- Synastry (relationship) techniques: cross comparison of charts (interaspects), Composite and Relationship charts.
- Mundane Astrology: the theoretical framework of mundane work, the major cycles, lunations, ingresses etc.
- Astrology, health/dis-ease and the human body and psyche.
- Counselling skills and psychological theory and their implications for astrological theory and practice. These may include: the basic ideas of Freud, Jung and other post Freudians, the Humanistic & transpersonal movement, brief therapy. Psychiatry, psychology and counselling in the UK.
It is not LSA's intention to teach all of these subjects in great depth, merely to ensure that students have been introduced to the relevant knowledge and skills demanded of the contemporary professional astrologer. Throughout the course, however, there will always be an emphasis on developing chart interpretation and forecasting skills and confidence.
A unique feature of the LSA at Diploma level is the provision of live casework. Students work on the chart of someone unknown to both them and to the teacher and then, the mystery person comes in and has a live chart reading (or discusses their life) in front of the class. This way, students learn not only how to interpret the horoscope and actually hear the chart speak they also learn how to handle some of the difficult issues that clients bring.
New Style Diploma Assignments:
Most people study astrology for the sheer pleasure of doing so and for the potential astrology offers for self-development and spiritual understanding - thus there is no pressure on anyone to take our Diploma assignments.
Nevertheless for those wishing to do so, internationally recognised coursework assignments are available. Please contact the office for more details.
Diploma part one (Year 2 of 3):
Venue: 8 Weeknights and 1 Saturday seminar at Friends House, 173 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ
Tuesdays, 7pm to 9.30pm, plus 1 Saturday from 10.30am to 4.45pm
Term One: 8 consecutive Tuesdays from 24 October to 12 December 2017, plus 1 Saturday seminar: 25 November 2017
Term Two: 8 consecutive Tuesdays from 13 February to 3 April 2018, plus 1 Saturday seminar: 24 February 2018
Term Three: 8 consecutive Tuesdays from 8 May to 26 June 2018, plus 1 Saturday seminar: 7 July 2018
Diploma part two (Year 3 of 3):
Venue: 8 Weeknights and 1 Saturday seminar at Friends House, 173 -177 Euston Rd, London NW1 2BJ
Thursdays, 7pm to 9.30pm, plus 1 Saturday from 10.30am to 4.45pm
Term One: 8 consecutive Wednesdays from 25 October to 13 December 2017, plus 1 Saturday seminar: 25 November 2017
Term Two: 8 consecutive Wednesdays from 14 February to 4 April 2018, plus 1 Saturday seminar: 24 February 2018
Term Three: 8 consecutive Wednesdays from 9 May to 27 June 2018, plus 1 Saturday seminar: 7 July 2018
Fees (including all books, handouts and course material):
Payable in advance £255 for one term or £480 for two terms or £720 for all 3 terms. You can book over the phone or via the web. Visit the Enrolment page for details.
You can enrol by post, phone or via the web. For details visit the Enrolment page.